Wednesday, May 9, 2012

John Gemperline


Hey guys, my name is John Gemperline.  I am a second degree student at East Carolina University studying geology.  My first degree is from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro where I studied Classics, Geography(same department as April), and minored in Music.  I originally wanted nothing to do with math and science, until I went to an awesome guest lecture at Greensboro about Mars exploration.  I am primarily interested in Planetary Geology and Remote Sensing, and will be working with Jim Rice on a comparative geomorphic analysis of Lunar landslides and Martian gullies.  This will be my first year at LPSA and I am pretty stoked.

Other than my academic interests, I enjoy hiking, biking, camping, and a little bit of sailing here and there.  I play the cello(I see I’m not the only one) and enjoy a lot of different music.  I’m really looking forward to meeting all of you and having a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment