Thursday, May 10, 2012

Breana Branham


Well, howdy there! My name is Breana Branham and I just finished up my Junior year in Electrical Engineering at Arizona State University. I love astronomy, theatre, singing, traveling,playing games, and wandering. I'm an Arizona native, so I'm a little terrified of spending my summer swimming in the humid East coast; however, I'm unbelievably excited to spend it in the beautiful DC area at NASA Goddard with LPSA and going on adventures with all of you! 



At Arizona State I am Treasurer of the German Devils,  a Space Grant intern in the Low-frequency Cosmology (LoCo) laboratory, and a member of Fulton Ambassadors doing science and engineering outreach. This past year, I have been engineering an automated test device for the Murchison Widefield Array radio telescope being built in Western Australia. Last spring I interned at NASA Glenn in the Digital Communications and Navigation Branch and over the summer I was a counselor for some summer engineering camps at ASU. My specialties include serenades, explaining electromagnetics through interpretive dance, and "blowing up" diodes. (In case you're curious, the splint in the picture is from fracturing some bones in my hand last time I went on a trip to DC. I'll try to avoid that this time around. :))



No comments:

Post a Comment