Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Alisa Bochnowski


Hey guys! I'm really bad at ice breakers/awkward online introductions/writing anything about myself, so please kindly judge the bio you are about to read. I'm Alisa and I'm a rising junior at GW studying Biochemistry. I'm originally from Munster, Indiana which is a lovely little town about 30 minutes south of Chicago. Most of my lab experience up until now has been in organic synthesis and protein/DNA replication, so my project this summer is going to be a totally new experience for me.  I'm really excited to step outside my comfort zone and learn to apply some of the techniques I'm familiar with to planetary science.

Outside of school I like to cook and try different restaurants around DC. I'm a pretty picky eater but I have a rule that I must try something once before I say I don't like it.  In the last two years this has led to me eating raw meat with my hands at a sketchy Ethiopian restaurant, trying cactus, and getting to enjoy the "benefits" of kombutcha. When not competing on my own personal episode of fear factor,  I enjoy  music and like to take advantage of the different concert venues in the area. I'm really excited to be working with all of you and can't wait to start this summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment