Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rachel Kronyak


Hey everyone! My name is Rachel Kronyak; I’m a sophomore at Penn State University majoring in Geobiology, with minors in Astrobiology and Marine Science.  For the past 2 years I’ve been working in a research lab here at PSU on a bunch of different cool experiments.  My favorite two have been with extremophiles and using reactors that recycle astronaut waste. Things related to planetary science and the search for life in the universe excite me the most. I’m also a pretty big fan of the ocean and scuba diving- I’ll actually be diving in the Bahamas right before the summer doing some research on coral reefs.


 
Outside of school, I enjoy doing a whole bunch of things. I love sports (but soccer in particular), exercising, and pretty much anything outdoors.  I have a pretty sweet rock collection from the past two years with all of the geology field trips I’ve been on. Arizona is sure to contribute to said collection. Other than that, I’m beyond excited for this summer- can’t wait to meet all of your wonderful selves!

No comments:

Post a Comment