Friday, April 20, 2012

Amber Keske


Hello everybody,

I’m Amber Keske, a junior at the University of Arizona majoring in Geophysics and minoring in Planetary Science, Math, and Spanish. My attention is split between the Geosciences and Lunar and Planetary Science departments here, as I’ve worked and done research in both. My primary interest is in the geochemistry of planetary interiors and surface volcanic features, though I have a secondary interest in active volcanism here on Earth. Basically, I’m interested in becoming a planetary geologist who is always in the field doing analog work!

Like many of you, I am a musician: my main instrument is the piano, but I love playing the guitar as well. Many moons ago, I was heavily into song-writing, but lately I’ve been too busy for it. I like playing video games and being outdoors (not at the same time, of course)--traveling, camping, hiking, etc. I’ve lived in multiple places on the west coast—Washington State, Hawaii, California, and of course Arizona, but I’ve never spent more than a couple of weeks on the east coast, so this is a totally new experience for me!

I can’t wait to hang out with you guys, this should be a (nerd) blast! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment