Friday, June 1, 2012

Tanner Hamann


Hey, I’m Tanner Hamann.  I am a senior at the University of Maryland, majoring in Materials Science and Engineering (long name, but definitely one degree).  I am also working towards a minor in Physics. Last summer I was a guest researcher at NIST, running molecular dynamics simulations and predicting crystal properties.  This past school year, I worked at a lab on campus at Maryland that focused on plasma processing of thin films.  This is my first time working at NASA, so I am very excited about the LPSA program and the chance to collaborate with Richard Schnurr at the Magnetometer Laboratory.  I’ve always been fascinated by space and the technology used to explore it, so this is an amazing opportunity. 

In my free time, I keep up with various discoveries and projects featured on the NASA homepage.  I follow shows like Community, NCIS, Eureka, and Falling Skies.  I’m a big fan of Star Trek so I’ve seen the movies, a good chunk of the episodes, and a ton of books.  The last movie I saw in theaters was the Avengers, which was awesome!  Prometheus and the Dark Knight Rises are next on my radar.  Lastly, my musical talent is limited to appreciation and not application, although I hope to change that.

I’m looking forward to meeting all of you.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment