Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Maggie Marvin

Hi guys! I'm Maggie.
I've already met a lot of you (if not all of you?) but I'll take the chance to tell you guys a bit about me.

I have lived in California my entire life. I was born in Santa Barbara, and I grew up in a small town called Ridgecrest. There's really not a whole lot to do in Ridgecrest...there's a movie theater...and a bowling alley...and that's about it. But there are definitely things to like about the place. It's in a valley at the foot of the Sierra Nevadas, so our sunsets are pretty much amazing. Also, it's far-removed from the city so the stars out there shine with all their might.

Right now, I'm attending the University of California Irvine (Go 'eaters! ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!) and pursuing a BS in Chemistry. In what would have been my second year at UCI, I went back to my hometown community college for a year and earned an AA in Business Administration. But now I'm back at UCI, about to start my fourth year, and I'm diving right into that chemistry. I absolutely love it! And I'm enjoying my remaining time there to the fullest. I plan to go on to earn a PhD in Chemistry, but where I don't know yet.

For some fun facts, I'm a soccer player (although it's kinda been awhile since I've played :/), I also used to play the violin, I can speak nur ein bißchen Deutsch, my brother and I are just about 12.5 years apart, and I have three awesome dogs at home. My favorite color is navy blue, and I like pigs, mustaches, and lighthouses. Also, I've never really been outside of California, so I'm really excited to see where this internship will take us!

I'm glad to meet you all, and I look forward to a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment